I want to
apply for IDAL’s incentives
know if I qualify for IDAL’s incentives
know what are the steps to open a business
know what are the licenses and permits needed to open a business
know more about Investment Opportunities in Lebanon
operate in Lebanon
export from Lebanon
access Global ICT Bids
IDAL's Investments 2015

MANAGED PROJECTS Are planned investments by foreign or local companies that involve at least one visit to IDAL as part of their consulting process 

 

Over the course of 2015, the “One Stop Shop” Directorate at IDAL processed the application of more than 43 investors (a 19% increase from 2014 levels), who approached IDAL to benefit from its various support schemes including its fiscal incentives. The majority of those investors (41 investors) were Lebanese, while 2 of foreign origin (1 German and 1 Saudi Arabian).

 

The majority of the investment projects were in the Agro-industry and Industrial sectors which grasped the highest share with around 31% each, followed by the Tourism sector (26%).

 

DISTRIBUTION OF ALL PROJECTS REVIEWED BY IDAL BY SECTOR IN 2015 (%share)DISTRIBUTION OF ALL PROJECTS REVIEWED BY IDAL BY SECTOR IN 2015 (%SHARE)

Source: IDAL's computation

 

In terms of types of projects, 76% of these investments were Greenfield (New) projects, while the remaining 24% were expansions.

 

DISTRIBUTION OF PROJECTS BY TYPE IN 2015 (%share)DISTRIBUTION OF PROJECTS BY TYPE IN 2015 (%SHARE)

Source: IDAL's computation

 

As for the geographical distribution of the projects, the share of Mount Lebanon has increased from 41% in 2014 to 48% in 2015 in order to benefit from cheaper land and operating costs.

 

DISTRIBUTION OF PROJECTS BY REGION IN 2015 (%share)DISTRIBUTION OF PROJECTS BY REGION IN 2015 (% SHARE)

Source: IDAL's computation

 
 

PROJECTS PROCESSED BY IDALAre projects which are processed by IDAL’s board as deemed eligible for IDAL’s incentives


In 2015, out of the 21 eligible projects, IDAL has processed 10 investment projects which applied to the “One Stop Shop” directorate in order to benefit from the various incentives and business support services. There are two incentives schemes that investors can choose from and which differ in the extent of exemptions provided and in the eligibility criteria:

  • Investment Project by Zone (IPZ) scheme that requires IDAL’s Board and Presidency of the Council of Ministers approvals
  • Package Deal Contract (PDC) scheme that requires IDAL’s Board, the Presidency of the Council of Ministers  and Council of Ministers approvals

 

One of these projects, Castania Expansion project in Jbeil Lebanon, has undergone the required process and received the approval of IDAL’s Board of Directors, the Council of Ministers  and the Presidency of the Council of Ministers to benefit from IDAL’s PDC incentives scheme. The approved project is valued at USD 5,975,900 and it is expected to generate around 75 direct jobs when implemented.

The other 9 projects are still in the pipeline. For more information please click here.

 

For more information on projects mediated by IDAL in 2015, please downloand the PDF.

For more information on completed projects by sector, please click here.

Get in Touch
Lazarieh Tower, 4th Floor, Emir Bechir Street, Riad El-Solh Beirut, Lebanon, P.O.Box 113-7251
Phone
+961 1 983306 / 7 / 8
Fax
+961 1 983302 /3
PROJECTS MEDIATED BY IDAL IN 2015
IDAL SERVICES AND INCENTIVES GUIDE 2016